Sunday, October 31, 2010

Prospectus

    I have always had an interest in the treatment of animals in the slaughter house. I feel that the conditions that the animals have to endure are inhumane. They are filthy, contains a horrible odor, and isn’t successful. These dirty slaughter houses can cause foods to become contaminated and poses a real threat for us Americans. These conditions aren’t to be blamed on the workers but the corporation for which they work for. Shining a light on the conditions of the slaughter house and the treatment of the animals can maybe spark some change.
    My concern is centrally based on the animals. Are they treated humanly? Are they still alive when having their throats sliced? How can we make this situation better to reduce all risks of contamination? How can we stop workers from brutally attacking helpless animals? There is a problem here that clearly needs to be fixed. The government, corporations and American citizens must work together to make some changes for the better.
    To help propose my argument to my readers I will use a vase amount of outside sources. Quotations from credible authors would also be obtained during my research process. I will use the LaGuardia College subscription database system to receive newspaper articles or scholarly journals in my paper. Eric Scholsser’s, Fast Food Nation chapter 8 “Dangerous Jobs” will help show my audience the conditions of the slaughter houses.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle!!!!!!!
    This topic is very interesting!!! and sounds like you are really lloking forward to find more information to develop your ideas.... Im already excited to read your research paper!!! good luck.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent proposal for a research paper. I am particularly excited by your decision to focus on systemic causes of maltreatment, rather than individual abuse, and look forward to seeing how your position on the topic develops as you conduct your research!

    ReplyDelete