Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Addicted To Fast Food ... Not Me!! (ReWrite)

Life has always been a rush for me. I wake  up early in the morning to go to school, work, or just to do some household chores. I don't really get to eat at home much, probably only on Sundays. My breakfast usually consists of two glazed dounts and a medium hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts. Lunch, if at school, is usually two slices of pizza and an 18 oz soda. If at work, lunch is usually a banana and water. Dinner is the best part, jerk chicken, stew chicken, rice & peas anything I want. After reading about all the negavtives of fast food I can't yet shake it from my life. I eat fast food almost every day, but I don't consider myself "addicted" as my mom would say. I feel that I can give up fast food any day of the week.

It is scientifically proven that fast food can indeed be "ADDICTIVE". The manufactured taste... to the tons and tons of sugar causes your body to always crave more. For this whole semester I have made a commitment to myself, family and friends to give up fast food. I would be faced with day to day struggles. Coming out of the train station to be met by the two golden arches of McDonald's or be forced to walk greater distances to the organic food spots. Going through this "Fast Food Withdrawal" would not only take a toll on me physical but also mentally and financially. I would have slip up's here and there ... I mean no one is perfect but I will have to learn to come up with a strategy to overcome those mid-day cravings. The obstacles for this challenge will be very tough, but I am ready to see how long this will last.

Every day I would have to make the decision of saying NO! to fast food and Yes! to healthy. Trying to resist the temptation of the triumphant fast food will be hard but I am willing to give it a try. I would note down the things I ate and what I tried not to eat :) . As a reader you will experience the journey I am about to undertake. View pictures of what I ate and places that I passed and tried to resist. Read about Michelle going through a "Fast Food Withdrawal" At the end of this experiment I hope to enlighten my audience about how much of an impact fast food has on a persons life. Hoping both you and I can grasp the concept of making healthier food choices.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle...I think your project is a good choice. I find it to be interesting, I once gave up on fast food. One thing I will tell you is that you will definitely have a hard time with it, I sure did. But I can assure if you really stay off it for a long time, it will never taste the same. Anyways I really think your choice was a good on. You will really have something to talk about every week, going through a struggle like the one you set your self up to, will really give you a lot to talk about. It's just your first blog about it and I already want to know what the outcome will be. So you know you got a catchy subject. Anyways is about that time where I move on soooo I wish you luck...YOU WILL NEED IT...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle.... You have commited yourself to a very hard project to accomplish, but I believe you can do it if you are determined to it. It will be very interesting to read your weekly updates, I am looking forward to read this blog to read the food choices you had to make during the week, make sure you always mention the dishes that you from now on will be eating, that way we, as readers, will know how it has changed your food habits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dee .. you just got me TERRIFIED ! YIKES ! .. But I think I am prepared for what is to come. Hopefully throughout this process I would be successful and never eat a single bigmac ever again (tears).

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Jatnna .... Yea I know this is a hard task. While im writing this im just thinking about a McDonald's Big mac with large fries and honey mustard sause.. YUMMM. But I think I can do it .. and just stay tuned and soon you and I both will know the outcome.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy!!! You can do it!!! I'm trusting you, because depending on your outcome... I might as well try it out myself...maybe... And as DC said luck, your gonna need it!!

    ReplyDelete