Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome To Michelle's Blog !!!

Hey!


My name is Michelle and I am a freshman at LaGuardia Community College. This is my very first time creating and writing on a blog site. I created this blog as one of the requirements in my research paper class. So far, my day is going pretty well, being that this is my first day in college. I arrived to all my classes early and enjoyed conversations with my peers. So... I am going to tell you a little about myself and my values.


I LOVE to eat different types of foods. I always like to try something new, if it sounds good, if it looks good, and if it smells good, I'll try it. However I'm not really into the whole cooking thing. But the one thing that I can make with no problem are pancakes. I don't do much grocery shopping since I live with my parents.


My parents were born in Colon, Panama but I was born in Brooklyn, New York. My whole family is predominately Hispanic. Growing up in a Hispanic household, has many different values as to other cultures. For example.... the foods we eat. My favorite Hispanic dish would have to be "Arroz Con Pollo."That dish is basically a mixture of rice with vegetables and chicken. This would have to be my favorite dish because the mixture of flavors that the chicken and rice contribute are amazing. My mother also uses many different seasonings that just completes the whole meal. Having "Arroz Con Pollo" for Sunday dinner will really end my day with a smile.


One value that is important to my family is education. I am the third generation to attend college. The major that I have decided to take up is Social Science and Humanities. As I move forward in my journey in LaGuardia I expect to transfer into the field of Psychology. I always had an interest in understanding people mentally and helping with their development.


Well, I have told you a little about myself and I am looking forward to reading and responding to comments.


Later ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment