Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My First Reading Of Food Nation

My Professor gave my class and I a book that we will use for the rest of the semester. The name of the book is "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser and our first assignment was to read the intro and take notes. The book is basically to open the eyes of American citizens of what they are eating, where it comes from and what harms it can do to your body.

So far I am anxious to read and understand Schlosser's way of thinking about fast food. I have read the introduction and I have to say that it is quite interesting. I took various notes where me and Schlosser shared opinions and where our views were very different. I don't think that by the end of the book that I am really going to change the way I eat just because of my character as a person.I stand behind my views 100% but I am open to new ideas. I really just don't have a care of where my food comes from just as long as it tastes good. I have a really strong stomach and I think that I can endure the gruesome details of this book head on. I'M READY ! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment